What Is Firmware?
- An ALPHA sign has a small computer inside which is used to operate the sign.
- Firmware is the operating system for this sign's computer.
- It is usually stored on a computer chip (called an EPROM) located inside a sign.
- From time to time, firmware is changed to improve a sign's performance.
- When this happens, the firmware version is updated and noted on the Current Firmware List page.
- If you would like to upgrade your sign's firmware, use the Feedback Form and request a firmware upgrade in the Problem Description.
How Do I Find the Firmware Version of My Sign?